We are happy to announce The Dog Fighter, featuring retired Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighter Gordon “Shotgun” Shell and directed by Douglas Schulze, released on Vimeo On Demand this past Friday. Over the weekend the comments and appreciation have begun to flood in among the various social media sites – I’m not going to even attempt counting them.
The timing couldn’t be more appropriate as we just wrapped up our 5th annual celebration in honor of National Pit Bull Awareness two weeks ago (more on that later), and Shell was one of the special guests for Texas-Sized Pittie Pride in 2012. You might recall a couple blog posts introducing him (http://love-a-bull.org/2012/10/part-1-the-heart-of-a-fighter/) and this very movie project (http://love-a-bull.org/2012/10/part-2-fighting-the-good-fight/).
Gordon has even invited Love-A-Bull to join several other non-profit organizations as a beneficiary for a portion of the films profits!
Attached is the official press release for the film. We encourage you to watch the film, and to share with your friends and family.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Producer, Director Douglas Schulze 248-563-9404
In the shadows of a bankrupt city one man has declared war on an illegal dog fighting epidemic. Retired MMA fighter Gordon Shell is risking his life to rescue man’s best friend. Despite a failing heart, Gordon Shell agreed to come out of retirement to fight one last fight for the dogs. Last year, in spite of his doctor’s warnings, Gordon returned to the ring in a selfless effort to raise awareness and funding to stop illegal dog fighting in the city of Detroit. His inspiring journey and his tireless work with animal rights groups like the Michigan Humane Society was all captured by filmmaker Douglas Schulze and is now the subject of a riveting documentary entitled; THE DOG FIGHTER: DOG’S BEST FRIEND. The documentary is about to be released exclusively to vimeo.com and everyone can help the cause simply by watching the film. The Producers are donating a generous portion of all revenue generated from the movie to help dog rescues and shelters all across the US. Every three months new shelters and rescues will be selected to receive a generous portion of the revenue generated from the film’s release. To watch the film and see the trailer go to VIMEO at www.vimeo.com/77460460 or to learn more about the shelters being helped please visit the Official Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/thedogfightermovie. Together we can make a difference.
For more information contact: Producer, Director Douglas Schulze 248-563-9404.
The DOG FIGHTER MOVIE LLC
2040 Crooks Rd. Ste. B.
Troy, MI 48084
248-528-1760 – fax 248-528-2829
Check out The Dog Fighter on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/6401/77460460
Find more information on the movie project, Douglas Schulze, Gordon “Shotgun” Shell, and more.
• Official Facebook Page: The Dog Fighter Movie
• Movie Project Website: The Dog Fighter Documentary
• CNN’s iReport 09/28/12: The Dog Fighter, a documentary
• MPI (Motion Picture Institute) 08/06/12: The Dog Fighter MMA Standout Gordon Shell
• MPI (Motion Picture Institute) 09/24/12: Gordon Shell Ends Dog Fighting in Detroit in 38 Seconds
• Life With Dogs 09/25/12: MMA Fighter Gordon Shell Retires from Fighting but not from Fighting for Dogs
• Examiner.com 09/24/12: MMA fighter Gordon Shell begins a new fight: saving Detroit’s dogs
• Michigan Humane Society 09/06/12: Spurred By Mike Vick Scandal, MMA Fighter Gordon Shell Risks His Life To Fight So That Dogs Don’t Have To
• Michigan Humane Society 09/12/12: On The Eve Of His Last Professional Match, MMA Fighter Gordon Shell Reflects On What Makes Him Fight