We’re so glad to see you here, since this means you’re interested in meeting one of our great Adopt-A-Bulls to provide them a forever home! Please read through the following information that details our adoption process and then click on the link below to fill out the adoption application.
Step 1 – View our adoptable pit bull-type dogs online here.
Step 2 – Read the information below, and then complete the adoption application online.
- Adoption fees: Dogs 6 months of age and older are $250 to adopt; dogs younger than 6 months are $300. Seniors (ages 7+) or medical cases have a reduced adoption fee of $100. Adoption fees cover spay/neuter, vaccinations (DHPP/Da2P, Bordatella, Rabies [if old enough]), dewormer, fecal test, heartworm test (if old enough) and microchipping. Our adoption fees are deposited straight into our medical fund, which helps us pull more at-risk dogs and save more lives. Please note: Puppies are often in high demand, and therefore usually have several interested adopters. While we love our puppies, we encourage you to see what adult dogs may be right for you!
- If you see a dog listed that you think might be a good fit for your family:
- Applicants whose residence is local to the Central Texas area will be given preference in adopting our dogs. Local area adoptions allow us the means to provide additional support and resources to adopted dogs and their families! For this reason, we do not do out-of-state adoptions. We also require home visits when potential adopters have another pet in the home; we are unable to accommodate adopting to these homes if located 35+ miles outside of Austin, Texas city limits.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Please note: We do not allow multiple puppies to be adopted together. If you would like to adopt multiple adopt-a-bulls, we love that! But, one dog has to be at least a year old before a second dog can be adopted from us.
- To Apply, submit the completed application online via the link below.
- Once your application is received and reviewed, a LOVE-A-BULL representative will contact you to discuss the dog you are interested in and to get more details on your current home environment and lifestyle.
- If it looks like your situation might be a match, we will arrange 1) a Meet and Greet between yourself and our Adopt-A-Bull; if there are other animals in the home, they will need to be a part of the Meet and Greet & 2) a Home Visit so that we can check the environment for any safety hazards such as holes in fences, areas that may need to be kept off limits to your new pup, etc., and then advise on how to fix those issues before the new dog is brought into your home.
- If the Meet and Greet and Home Visit go well, we will arrange a 3-day adoption trial in order to ensure that this big step is a good fit for the families and our Adopt-A-Bulls. For many, this new addition to the family will be a 10- to 12-year commitment, and we want to make sure it is a great choice for all involved.
- After the 3-day adoption trial, you will be contacted by a LOVE-A-BULL representative to confirm whether or not you’d like to move forward in making the adoption official.
- If we get the green light … you will soon have a new member of your family to snuggle with on the couch!
Click here for the Adoption Application
Please read through the above information carefully. Should you have any questions, email email@example.com.
If you’re interested in becoming an awesome foster parent for LOVE-A-BULL, please visit our foster page.
1 comment for “Adoption Application”