We are a foster home-based network, meaning that we are only able to help the number of dogs for which we have open foster homes. We appreciate your interest in signing up to save a life!
Please read the details below and then fill out our Foster Sign-Up Form.
- Perks of Fostering:
- Fostering is truly a rewarding experience and our families know that they are integral in offering each dog they care for a second chance at a new beginning – truly saving a life from euthanasia in a shelter or life on a chain!
- Join a community of warm-hearted, committed advocates and dog-lovers!
- Adding another dog to your family without the financial or long-term commitment!
- A great way to try out various dogs if you’re thinking of adopting!
- Learn about dog behavior and care – or help kids learn these skills!
- The Foster Commitment:
- Provide a safe, clean, and caring environment, as you would for your own dog.
- Keep the dog safe from hazards and always crate the dog when supervision is not available.
- Provide regular updates, and, if possible, photos to foster/adoption lead on the dog’s progress, likes, dislikes, issues, etc., as this helps dogs get adopted faster!
- If available, transporting the dog to the vet for scheduled visits, events, or meet & greets with potential adopters. (Volunteer transports can be arranged if needed!)
- What We Provide:
- Meet & Greets with the potential foster dog and your family/pets to ensure a good fit and that everyone feels comfortable!
- Veterinary Care – including coordinating appointments and covering 100% of costs.
- All Supplies – Food, heartworm and flea preventatives, crate, leash, collar, tags, toys, bowls, etc.
- Transportation by volunteers to and from vet appointments, events, etc. when needed.
- Training with our certified training partners and volunteer trainers on your schedule, although most dogs just fit right in!
- Marketing via social media, website, adoption events, and excellent matchmaking by our adoption coordinators to help get your foster dog adopted!
- Support on any questions or concerns that may come up – we keep a tight foster community and pride ourselves on assisting and guiding fosters as needs arise!
- Basic Foster Rules:
- No dog parks or off-leash walks, even in an off leash area.
- Unless it is a special case, always crate the dog when not home or unsupervised.
- Let Love-A-Bull know as early as possible if you’re going away so we may arrange care for the dog.
- Never physically punish or yell at the dog, as foster homes teach them what love should look like.
What Happens Next?
Glad you asked! When a new dog is to be coming into our program as an Adopt-A-Bull, we will send out an email to all open foster homes letting everyone know the following: age, sex, history (where the dog is coming from, background, etc.), characteristics, behavior with other dogs & cats (to the best of current knowledge), behavior with children (if known), and the type of home our trainer feels he/she may do best in.
After we share this information, if you think this dog might be a good fit for you and your family, please reply to the email expressing your interest. We will then arrange a meet and greet! Just because you have expressed interest in this dog, it does not require you to take him/her. We want to place every dog in a foster home that fits well for both the dog and his/her foster family! Often times we don’t know until we try it! And of course he/she will first have a visit with one of our local veterinarians to receive a checkup, exam, and spay/neuter (if needed) before being released into a foster home.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
If you’re interested in meeting one of these lovable pups to adopt, please go to our adoption application page.