Love-A-Bull will be hosting and participating in events throughout the entire month of October to highlight our loveable pitties, their owners and the community. There will be an abundance of great fun, great beer and great pitties, as well as multiple volunteer opportunities.
Our theme this year is Peace, Love and Pitties so break out your most grooviest digs and come hang with us! Check out all the awesome details below:
- October 1st: Kick off monthly fun walk at Mueller Lake Park. While this is NOT our usual parade, it is still a great opportunity to get out and about and mingle with other pittie loving community members! Our fun walks are typically about 30-45 min long and it’s a fantastic way to get to know your local supporters. Here is the meetup link with more details and to RSVP: https://www.meetup.com/love-a-bull/events/242971185/
- October 6th: Peace, Pittie and Pub Run! You may have already seen the details of this great event on our social media platforms! This will be a 2-mile run/walk beginning at Yard Bar, then to Aristocrat, then Little Woodrows and finishing at Yard Bar. The theme for the event…you guessed it…Peace, Love and Pitties. Dress in your best flower power attire and enjoy a great time with some good beer! More details about this event and how to get involved are here: https://www.facebook.com/events/918414764981568/
- October 15th: Peace, Love and Pitties Party! Come join us at The Buzz Mill from 2-6pm for a “groovy” time! We will have beer, food trucks, Love-A-Bull swag, Adopt-A-Bulls looking for their forever homes, costume contest and a raffle. This event is not to be missed! We will need volunteers to help make this event a huge success, sign up here to help: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0A4BAEAF2EA7FA7-peace
- October 21st: Dogtoberfest! It is the 10th Annual Dogtoberfest Celebration and Love-A-Bull will be hosting a booth to not only share in the fun, but to also showcase our organization, talk to them community about our resources and showcase our Adopt-A-Bulls and Pit Crew. Dogtoberfest was named “Most Awesome-ist Pet Related Event” for this sixth year in a row so we are stoked to be a part of the festivities this year! This event is from 10am – 4pm and we will need volunteers to help us at our booth, sign up here: SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0A4BAEAF2EA7FA7-dogtoberfest
- October 28th: To finish off our PBAD celebration, we will be hosting our 2nd Chloe’s Clinic! Chloe’s Clinic is a fantastic opportunity for us to serve our community. The clinic offers FREE vaccinations, microchipping, preventatives and more to local austinites and their dogs, with an emphasis being placed on serving local owners of pit bull type dogs. We will need LOTS of volunteer help with this event, sign up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0445aaad29aafa7-chloes1
We are so excited to be able to spread out the Pit Bull Awareness Celebration and allow everyone the chance to get involved on multiple different levels and celebrate our awesome pit bulls! If you have any questions, please feel free to email Lindsey@love-a-bull.org
We hope to see many of you soon!